Welcome to Solihull CAMRA's website
Solihull and District CAMRA is one of over 200 branches of the Campaign for Real Ale promoting good, traditional beers and pubs across the UK. Our area stretches from Olton, Hobs Moat and Bickenhill in the north to Ullenhall, Henley in Arden and Claverdon in the south, and from Solihull Lodge, Earlswood and Tanworth in Arden on our western edge to Hampton in Arden, Barston, Chadwick End and Shrewley on the east. Apart from Solihull itself, our patch includes Shirley, Monkspath, Dickens Heath, Knowle, Dorridge and Lapworth (see Pub Guide for full lists of pubs) . If you live in this area and you're a member of CAMRA, then you're also automatically a member of our branch. Founded in 1982, we now have nearly 600 members. We organise a wide range of events including brewery visits, pub crawls, trips to other areas, and our annual Beer Festival in early Autumn.
On the first Monday of each month (except Bank Holidays) we hold a meeting at one of the good local pubs to discuss campaigning issues, our social calendar and to share what's happening on the local drinking scene. This is also the forum in which we decide which pubs will be listed for our area in the Good Beer Guide.
We also produce a quarterly newsletter, the Solihull Drinker Magazine , which is distributed to pubs throughout our area.
If you love cask beer or visit pubs in Solihull and think that it would be a pity to lose this unique part of our heritage why not join CAMRA, email our Membership Secretary David McKowen for details.
If you have any comments or suggestions regarding the Website please contact Keith Whitehouse.
Join the conversation at Solihull Camra members
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 09:20 : Historic changes have been made to the law to protect English pubs in the planning system: ow.ly/Nul130adwDF #winforpubs
- Friday, 19:25 : Pubs will be granted full planning protection if MPs vote to change the law. Contact your MP before March 28th: camra.org.uk/pubs-matter1
- Friday, 18:30 : If you're raising a glass to the historic changes to the planning system in the pub this weekend, we'd love to see your photos! #winforpubs
- Friday, 13:49 : RT @ProtectPubs: @CAMRA_Official tweet us your pics with #WinForPubs of the celebrations tonight 🍻🍾 #PubsMatter 🇬🇧💪🏼 pic.twitter.com/S0bKYAsZ4g
- Friday, 16:30 : Sponsors @cpltraining will be on hand to discuss any training needs at the Members' Weekend from 7-9 April