Welcome to Solihull CAMRA's website
Solihull and District CAMRA is one of over 200 branches of the Campaign for Real Ale promoting good, traditional beers and pubs across the UK. Our area stretches from Olton, Hobs Moat and Bickenhill in the north to Ullenhall, Henley in Arden and Claverdon in the south, and from Solihull Lodge, Earlswood and Tanworth in Arden on our western edge to Hampton in Arden, Barston, Chadwick End and Shrewley on the east. Apart from Solihull itself, our patch includes Shirley, Monkspath, Dickens Heath, Knowle, Dorridge and Lapworth (see Pub Guide for full lists of pubs) . If you live in this area and you're a member of CAMRA, then you're also automatically a member of our branch. Founded in 1982, we now have nearly 600 members. We organise a wide range of events including brewery visits, pub crawls, trips to other areas, and our annual Beer Festival in early Autumn.
On the first Monday of each month (except Bank Holidays) we hold a meeting at one of the good local pubs to discuss campaigning issues, our social calendar and to share what's happening on the local drinking scene. This is also the forum in which we decide which pubs will be listed for our area in the Good Beer Guide.
We also produce a quarterly newsletter, the Solihull Drinker Magazine , which is distributed to pubs throughout our area.
If you love cask beer or visit pubs in Solihull and think that it would be a pity to lose this unique part of our heritage why not join CAMRA, email our Membership Secretary David McKowen for details.
If you have any comments or suggestions regarding the Website please contact Keith Whitehouse.
Join the conversation at Solihull Camra members
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 14:05 : Our Pub Walks book promotion for @RamblersGB members ends tomorrow - don't forget to check your January newsletter for full details!
- Monday, 09:01 : Today is the LAST DAY to enter our photo competition for your chance to win a book bundle. Send us your best cheers… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Sunday, 13:30 : We're looking for volunteers to be a special part of our event and lend a hand. Interested? camraagm.org.uk/volunteer
- Saturday, 18:20 : The @LDbeerfest is coming! All draught beers will be from the London Brewers Alliance or brewed in the city: ow.ly/rYze309hBmw
- Saturday, 13:30 : The UK pays the second highest rate of beer duty across the EU, that's why we're calling for a 1p cut to beer duty: ow.ly/QnFJ308QsLy