Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website
Welcome to the Solihull and District CAMRA website home page. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by following the menu on the left. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page or Twitter acount(see below).
- January Committee Meeting
Monday 21 January 2019 20:30
Solihull CAMRA Committee Meeting - branch members welcome, but may only take part if invited to do so by the committee.
- February Branch Meeting Followed by AGM
Monday 4 February 2019 20:00
Red Lion (Knowle)
Solihull CAMRA Branch Meeting - all branch members welcome.
Includes voting for nominated pubs/clubs for an entry in the next GBG.
PLEASE NOTE: earlier 8.00pm start.
This shorter branch meeting will be followed by our AGM, at the end of which there will be a raffle to help towards the cost of the AGM buffet. Could you bring along and donate items for the raffle - they would be very welcome! Thanks in advance.
Next Branch Social
- Tour of GBG Nominated pubs
Saturday 19 January 2019
Minibus trip visiting some of the pubs which are nominated for inclusion in the next instalment of the GBG. More details will follow closer to the time but please let Paul Wigley have an early indication of your intention to join us
- Wigan Weekend Away
Thursday 7 – Sunday 10 February 2019
Our weekend away next year will be centred on Wigan with its 7 GBG pubs, There are at least twice as many that are good enough to be in the GBG. We will also spend 1 day in Southport and 1 day in Preston, both of which have more GBG pubs than Wigan!! We will aim to visit a couple of breweries as well over the course of the weekend. There is no obligation to be there for the whole weekend. Please feel free to come along at any point. If you would like to join us, please let Paul Wigley know asap. We will be happy to sort out accommodation if you would like us to.
Down load the latest edition of the branch magazineSolihull Drinker Magazine 86 - Winter 2018
Twitter / SolihullCamra
- Thursday 10th January, 14:19 : New Indian Brewery pub due to open late February in Station road Solihull. 🙂
- Wednesday 9th January, 12:53 : Unconfirmed reports on Facebook say the the Red Lion Shirley has closed. #shirley #solihull
- Tuesday 8th January, 10:42 : Congratulations to @covcamra and @wolvescamra for winning respectively the CAMRA Regional Website of the year, and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 17:00 : We have heard with great sadness that CAMRA’s Regional Director for Surrey and Sussex, Chris Stringer, has passed a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday, 14:07 : RT @CAMRABooks: ⚡️ Have you seen our collection of book reviews? Whether you're into cider or beer, history or memoirs, you'll fin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday, 11:31 : That’s it, folks - the Minister closes by thanking Anne Main MP for raising this important issue.