Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website
Welcome to the Solihull and District CAMRA website home page. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by following the menu on the left. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page or Twitter acount(see below).
- November Committee Meeting
Monday 19 November 2018 20:30
Tom o'the Wood
Solihull CAMRA Committee Meeting - branch members welcome, but may only take part if invited to do so by the committee.
- Presentation of the 2018 most improved Pub Award
Tuesday 20 November 2018 20:30
Presentation of the Most Improved Pub award to the Winged Spur in Ullenhall. Members and non-members are invited to attend from 8.30pm. The presentation will be around 9pm. Please do try to get along to support this hugely improved pub. If you haven't been along since it reopened and indeed if you have never been, it is well worth checking out.
- December Branch Meeting
Monday 3 December 2018 20:30
Solihull CAMRA Branch Meeting - branch members welcome.
Next Branch Social
- Jewellery Quarter Pub Crawl
Saturday 15 December 2018
A repeat of August's walk around Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter visiting some establishments.
We aim to be at the Jewellers Arms on Hockley Street around midday. Trains leave Dorridge at 11.29, Solihull at 11.37, Olton at 11.40 and Shirley at either 11.22 or 11.42.
From there we will move on to the Lord Clifden and then on to some of the other pubs in the area such as The Rose Villa Tavern, 1000 trades, Burning Soul and Rock & Roll Brewhouse.
Please let Paul Wigley know directly if you are intending to join us. I will have my phone (07402 312457) on during the day so please call/message if you are joining late for a progress update
- Tour of GBG Nominated pubs
Saturday 19 January 2019
Minibus trip visiting some of the pubs which are nominated for inclusion in the next instalment of the GBG. More details will follow closer to the time but please let Paul Wigley have an early indication of your intention to join us
Twitter / SolihullCamra
- Friday, 14:38 : There are still spaces on the minibus tomorrow. Please email me if you would like to join us. Cost will be £10 per… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Monday 12th November, 13:31 : RT @covcamra: Next weekend sorted @ByattsBrewery beer festival more details byattsbrewery.co.uk/mini-beer-fest…
- Tuesday 6th November, 14:36 : Only a week to go to nominate your favourite West Midlands beers for the CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain. CAMRA memb… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 12:45 : We are looking for our next Campaigner of the Year! This prestigious award puts a face and personality on campaign… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 21:55 : RT @savestapubs: Thank you for all your emails to Anne and your continued support. Landlords from St Albans Pubs were able to meet… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 18:01 : In two weeks time, we will be at the @BBCGoodFoodShow, 29 Nov-2 Dec! #GFSWinter Have you got your tickets yet? Don… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…