Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by following the menu on the left. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page (see below).
- March Branch Meeting
Monday 5 March 2018 20:30
Harvester, Tanhouse Farm Road, Hatchford Brook Solihull
Solihull CAMRA Branch Meeting - all branch members welcome.
- March Committee Meeting
Monday 19 March 2018 20:30
Solihull CAMRA Committee Meeting - branch members welcome, but may only take part if invited to do so by the committee.
- Pub of the year award presentation
Wednesday 21 February 2018 20:30
Pub of the year (PotY) award presentation to the Ale Rooms.
8:30 pm for presentation at about 9 pm - All welcome!
- Trip to Portsmouth.
Saturday 10 March 2018
Day trip to visit Portsmouth GBG pubs
Beer Festival thank you trip to Portsmouth. Coach to leave Solihull/Shirley about 9am and returning around 10pm. This should allow about 7 hours in Portsmouth - plenty of time to visit GBG pubs and other attractions.
The trip is free to those that helped at the beer festival.
There will be a number of spare places open to all other members and their guests at a reduced rate - if you are interested please contact Martin Buck
- DERBY WINTER ALE FESTIVAL
Wednesday 21 – Saturday 24 February 2018
The Derby CAMRA Winter Ale Festival will be held in Roundhouse, Derby (near railway station).
450+ Real Ales and Ciders
Further info at: http://www.facebook.com/camraDWAF/
- Coventry Beer Festival
Friday 2 – Saturday 3 March 2018
Coventry Beer fest - Coventry Rugby Football Ground, Butts Park Arena, Butts Road CV1 3GE.
Over 75 beers, ciders, perries, bottle beers and country wines.
Entrance free to card carrying CAMRA members all sessions except Friday evening -£2.
More details see http://www.coventry.camra.org.uk
- Rugby CAMRA 34TH Beer festival
Friday 2 – Saturday 3 March 2018
Arnold House,Elsee road, Rugby CV21 4 BA
30+ real ales,ciders and perries.
- Moseley and Kings Heath Beer Festival
Friday 9 – Saturday 10 March 2018
Kings Heath Cricket Club, Alcester Road South, Kings Heath B14 6DT
25 real Ales and 15 Ciders
- Local Pub news
Monday 12 February 2018
Lady Lane Wharf Closed
The Lady Lane Wharf is closed. No details available regarding its future
The Saddlers to reopen as an Indian Gastro pub
The team behind Zindiya in Moseley will open an Indian Gastro Pub in April. It will serve a range of craft beers alongside traditional Indian grilled dishes and curry. See https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/team-behind-zindiya-open-indian-14263692
2018 Branch Pub of year
The Branch pub of the year is the Ale Rooms.
Join the conversation at Solihull Camra members
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 13:39 : RT @lbfCAMRA: Not long before this sign welcomes everyone to Liverpool Beer Festival. Tickets still available… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Monday, 08:55 : Morning all! We're back and ready for another week - to find out which Revitalisation meetings are coming up, head… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday, 14:15 : There's still time to be a part of CAMRA's Members' Weekend, AGM and Conference. To register to attend or to find… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday, 11:20 : 📚 If you fancy a spot of Sunday shopping, we've got two new titles available for pre-order at an exclusive price on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 17:05 : We're now out of the office for the weekend - if you have any questions for us please do ask them and we'll pick them up on Monday