Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by following the menu on the left. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page (see below).
- October Branch Meeting
Monday 2nd October 2017 8:30 pm
Olton Tavern, Solihull
Solihull CAMRA Branch Meeting - all branch members welcome.
- Wolverhampton Crawl
Tuesday 14th November 2017
Daytime crawl round some of Wolverhampton's pubs.
Details to follow.
- Birmingham Beer Festival
Thursday 26th—Saturday 28th October 2017
October 26-28 (Thu-Sat): BIRMINGHAM CAMRA BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL New venue - The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B9 4AA, 200 yards from Digbeth Coach Station.
Up to 150 beers + 70 ciders. CAMRA members get extra £2 beer tokens on entry. Free programme, glass refundable. Beer tasting sessions & street food available. Advance tickets for Thu/Fri only via Ticketsource.co.uk.
For details http://www.birminghambeerfestival.org.uk
Only to go
THE SOLIHULL CAMRA BEER festival
12 noon till 11.00pm
Friday 6th and Saturday 7th Oct
The Royal British Legion in Union Road, Solihull.
45 real ales plus cider/perry
See Festival Facebook page Solihull CAMRA Beer Festival 2017.
- Meet the Brewer - Brains
Tuesday 3rd October 2017
Meet representative from Brains. 3 Brains ales available all at half price from 8pm- Rev James Original, Rev James Gold, and Brains Open Casket, and a quiz night based around real ale. Free buffet for CAMRA members.
- Wythall’s 8th Beer Festival
Friday 6th—Saturday 7th October 2017
Wythall’s Annual Beer Festival featuring 23 Real Ales Ciders & Perry, wine and soft drinks. Hot food and snacks available, live music each evening – families welcome.
Location: Wythall House, Silver Street, Birmingham B47 6LZ Details http://www.wythall-park.org.uk
- Durham Ox
Tuesday 19th September 2017
The Durham Ox was bought by a small local company Suburban Inns earlier this year and is therefore no longer part of the Green King Old English Inns group. Plans are in place to refurbish the pub to make it a true local country pub. Three real ales are currently on offer from the local Church Farm Brewery.
- 2018 Good Beer Guide out today
Thursday 14th September 2017
The 2018 CAMRA Good Beer Guide is out today. See national CAMRA website ( link on the left) or your local bookshop for a copy.
- The Champion Beer of Britain Voting
Friday 1st September 2017
This year’s voting window for the Champion Beer of Britain Competition (CBOB) is now open, and will close at midnight on 1st November. The voting site can be accessed by CAMRA members at: http://www.cbobvoting.org.uk
Join the conversation at Solihull Camra members
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 11:30 : Last year the @SaveTheDrovers group won the #PubSavingAward, but who will be next? Make your nomination today:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 12:20 : If you're planning an event to celebrate #CiderMonth, you can order your promo materials here: tinyurl.com/CiderPromotion… 🍎🍏
- Friday, 12:05 : The nominations for CAMRA’s Pub Design Awards closes tomorrow - make your entry now! ow.ly/uaH930eO4Ch
- Thursday, 20:35 : The annual @Ascot_Beer_Festival is back on October 6/7. Discover 240 real ales, ciders + perries, and Flat racing:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Thursday, 14:41 : RT @CAMRAWestLondon: '45 years in Good Beer Guide' presentation w/ Roger Protz @RogerProtzBeer @buckinghamarms #realale #londonpubs… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…