Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website
Welcome to the Solihull and District CAMRA website home page. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by following the menu on the left. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page or Twitter acount(see below).
- November Branch meeting
Monday 5 November 2018 20:30
Solihull Branch Meeting - All members welcome
It would be good to see some new faces, and remember any first time attendees and members who haven't been to a branch meeting in over 12 months you can get a free pint courtesy of Solihull CAMRA. The meetings are generally light hearted and a good social event.
- November Committee Meeting
Monday 19 November 2018 20:30
Tom o'the Wood
CrabMill, Preston Bagot
Solihull CAMRA Committee Meeting - branch members welcome, but may only take part if invited to do so by the committee.
Next Branch Social
- Birmingham Canal Pub Walk
Saturday 27 October 2018
Central Birmingham Pub Crawl by Canal. Saturday 27th October 2018. Meet outside Library of Birmingham at 12noon, note change of time. Please check trains as engineering works are being undertaken on the Solihull line. We shall also be using one bus service
From the Library we shall catch a bus up to Five Ways where we shall visit the Bulls Head in Bishopsgate Street, a Davenports pub. Some of you may want to go directly there from the city centre, let me know if that is the case. From there we shall get on the canal to visit the Craven Arms a Black Country Ales pub near the Cube. On the canal again for Canalside with 3 beers on in Gas Street Basin. A short walk brings us to the Brasshouse, Marstons range of beer but does food. On the canal to pop into the Malthouse, a Greene King pub with guest beers. Along the towpath we pop into the Shakespeare, Summer Row, a Nicholson pub with 6 beers available. On the towpath to St Paul's Square where we shall visit the Rock and Roll Brewhouse, after which the canal will take us to the Indian Brewery tap. A short walk will bring us to the Gunmakers, Two Towers Brewery tap followed by a walk round the corner to the Bull in Price Strreet. Adnams and Marstons here but can have an interesting guest. Moving on along the canal to the Sacks of Potatoes at Costa Green, a Stonegate pub with 6 beers. We shall then finish our walk to the Woodman and Eagle and Tun both free houses before heading for Moor Strre Station and home, that is unless anyone wants to try Birminghams 2 new pubs, the Head of Steam and the Pint Shop. Total milage for this walk is considerable and I shall be surprised if we do all the pubs. A good finishing point will be the Bull in Price Street which will make the total milage just under 4 miles. If we finish, there will be a part 2 in the New Year. Plans may change on the day. If you are going to come along let me know at ku.oc.oohay@2591nosyd_evets. Also let me know where you will meet me. On the day my mobile phone will be on. My number is 07960773411. I have done a recci today so all info is up to date.
- Jewellery Quarter Pub Crawl
Saturday 8 December 2018
A repeat of August's walk around Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter visiting some establishments. Date and details to be confirmed.
We aim to be at the Jewellers Arms on Hockley Street around midday. Trains leave Dorridge at 11.29, Solihull at 11.37, Olton at 11.40 and Shirley at either 11.22 or 11.42.
From there we will move on to the Lord Clifden and then on to some of the other pubs in the area such as The Rose Villa Tavern, 1000 trades, Burning Soul and Rock & Roll Brewhouse.
Please let me know directly if you are intending to join us. I will have my phone (07402 312457) on during the day so please call/message if you are joining late for a progress update
- Meet the Brewer - St Austell
Tuesday 30 October 2018 20:00
Meet representative from St Austell Brewery and sample some Ales including the Solihull CAMRA beer festival winner - BIG JOB! Also a Halloween quiz night, plus lots of give-aways.
- BARTONS ARMS Autumn Beer Festival
Thursday 1 – Sunday 4 November 2018
Bartons Arms 144 High Street,Aston Birmingham B6 4UP
18+ Real Ales
For details see https://www.thebartonsarms.com
- St Alphege beer festival
Friday 2 – Sunday 4 November 2018
St Alphege Beer festival. Oliver Bird hall, Church Hill Road .Solihull on Friday 2nd November 5.30 - 10.30 pm; Saturday 3rd November 12 noon - 10.00 pm; Sunday 4th November 12 noon - 3.00 pm
- The Fieldhouse - Timothy Taylor Meet the Brewer
Tuesday 27 November 2018 20:00
Meet representative from Timothy Taylors and sample some ales! Also Quiz
Note Date to be confirmed
Twitter / SolihullCamra
- Wednesday 10th October, 17:29 : RT @corbettcollins: With the huge focus on being teetotal in the news today, some points: 1. Responsible social drinking isn't getting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday 10th October, 13:01 : RT @CAMRA_Official: ✨ @TheDurhamOx: hold Friendship lunches on the second Monday of the month, open to individuals or groups of friends!
- Monday 8th October, 17:20 : Many thanks to everyone who came to the Solihull Beer Festival; Beer of the Festival was St Austell's Big Job; 2nd… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:01 : Only two more weeks of #CiderMonth! Today, @DoncasterCAMRA is visiting the Doncaster Brewery Tap, who will be award… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 13:01 : Did you know that, with CAMRA Membership, you can get 49% off entry to the UK's top attractions, including… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 12:30 : Don't forget, you can now vote for your favourite local beer to win Champion Beer of Britain 2019! Voting is open… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…